Sunday, August 14, 2016

Yamaha Electric EQ-112C; Guitar Review and History



My Latest Purchase towards my Guitar Collection


A Yamaha Electric EQ-112C

Guitar Review and History

-Alan Arnell


I am on an extended vacation and visiting family in California.  Due to transportation issues, I was unable to bring along one of my guitars to play.  Having withdrawal symptoms from lack of picking a guitar, I began a quest of searching estate sales and resale shops for a cheap guitar to keep that monkey off my back from not getting a string-finger smell on my person.


Martin Guitar


I have been coming to California since 1981 to visit family.  I stay with my sister and brother in- laws as often family does.  For years, I played my brother in-law’s vintage acoustic Martin that his uncle played professionally in the 60’s.  It was a great guitar, maybe the best sounding guitar I have ever played. Well, about 5 years ago it was stolen! I hope that someone has it now who can appreciate it for what it is, greatness.  


Fender FA-100 Acoustic Guitar


So, finding a guitar to play while in California is not a new thing for me.  One time I found a great song book and after looking through it I could not stand it and went to The Guitar Center to purchase a Fender FA-100 Acoustic Guitar that I had seen on sale for $99.  A year later I was in Burbank at resale shop and I bought  a ¼ size Marco Polo acoustic guitar for $30. So, the in laws were not surprised that I brought home an Guitar this last time.


Again, I was in Burbank and in a Antiques shop I found my Yamaha Electric EQ-112C guitar.  The strings were shot, black looking and the e-string was missing.  I knew that on eBay this guitar usually sold for $80 to $140 and the one in question was priced at $40.  How could I go wrong.




I have only played the guitar less than an hour after I gave her new strings, but I am very satisfied with the guitar.  The action is nice and tight the way I like it to be on guitars.  The sound is better than okay and she stays in tune.  I am not playing at the Greek theater, so this modestly priced guitar is a joy to have under my circumstances and fulfills my need to pick around and have musical fun.


With my Yamaha I am practicing a new song I learned entitled “Ariel” by Dean Friedman.  Check it out at (LINK) for I have Tab’ed the song out with a brief bio of Dean Friedman and the  backstory of the song.




History of Yamaha Guitars per http://www.streetdirectory.com/
In general, the Yamaha Corporation manufactures a wide variety of products. Among these include Yamaha line of acoustic guitars. They have a lot of experience and have been building instruments since the late 1800s. Today, people know Yamaha as a Japanese company that is known for its products, including their instruments and acoustic guitars.




In 1887, the Yamaha Corporation began making instruments. In this case, it was an organ. The company, however, got started in 1897. It was called the Nippon Gakki Corporation with a man named Tarakusu became the president. He was the individual who make the organ in 1897.


So, the organ was essentially their first instrument. In 1900, they expanded their instrument line to the piano. They even started making furniture in 1903. But, they managed to receive a good amount of recognition at the Worlds Fair in St. Louis when both the piano and the organ one an honorary prize.


The dabbled in creating other products, such as the harmonica and phonographs. They even started designing acoustics for concert halls. Finally, in 1942, they debuted their first acoustic guitar. By then, the company had been in business for almost fifty years, so they were already known for their instruments and musical products.

Image result for green Yamaha APX-6A
Yamaha APX-6A
To see my review and blog of this guitar go to (LINK)


Yamahas products line has since expanded. At one point, they even had an archery products business and started manufacturing motorcycles. Many people may think that because Yamaha has interests in a wide range of things, they do not necessarily do any of them well. That simply is not true. Yamaha acoustic guitars are high quality and stand up to some of the best acoustic guitars in the world.


There guitar models include the Yamaha 12 String model, the Yamaha F-310, the Yamaha FG 325, the Yamaha CJ 12, the Yamaha S70A, the Yamaha CPX8, and the Yamaha 20. However, there are a lot of acoustic guitar styles available so you would have to visit your favorite music store or the Yamaha website to learn about all of them.


There are also a lot of artists who love and play Yamaha acoustic guitars. These include Peter Hayes, Amy Abdou, Clayton Gibb, Peter Hayes, Chris Henderson, Michael Herring, David Lvita, Steve Wilkinson, Take 6, and Mark Oakley.




Yamaha Electric Guitars EQ 112 C reviews by https://www.ultimate-guitar.com
2 single coil pickups, 1 humbucking pickup, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, basswood body, master volume and master tone controls, vintage vibrato system with 5 position pickup switch, volume, gain, bass, and treble knobs.


Features: It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard. Maple body Strat style. Wilkinson bridge. Passive electronics. This guitar has very loud pickups compared to a lot of guitars. Only has one volume, one tone and a 5 way pickup selector.




Sound: This guitar is quite versatile. It can do jazz to death metal. I use it with a DigiTech RP200A, no effects, Marshall JCM900 amp modeller on the effects pedal and a Randall 25 watt. When cranked this guitar does get a bit noisy and gives a lot of feedback. As I said this guitar can play anything quite well.


Owner Reviews:
Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up almost perfectly. I've had it for 2 years and the only problem was the electronics. You have to fiddle with the pickup selector to get it working.


Reliability & Durability: This guitar would quite easily withstand live playing and I would go on stage without a backup. Everything seems like it will last fine except the electronics. This guitar will last. I play at least 3 hours a day and sometimes play it 7 hours on weekends when there's no school.


Overall Impression: I play metal and it does the job fine. If this guitar were stolen I would buy something else. This thing didn't need a service ever, the neck didn't bend it stayed perfect. Overall this is the perfect guitar for a beginner with a budget. I highly recommend it.

Features: The EG-112C is very Fenderesque and retains most of the qualities of a good Stratocaster. The neck is a thin, light oak with a slick polish allowing for good grip and easy sliding. It's fastened deep with a four woodscrew mount. 23 nickel frets take hundreds of hours of lashing without any sign of wear. The solid maple body and it's satin black polimer shell give it enough weight to take a beating and rock on undeterred. One volume and one tone knob simplify the sound arrangement completed with a 5-way tone selector that can give you the clean sweetness of "Lenny" or Grunge out a "4th of July" rage. A hum-bucker bridge pick-up keeps all the creativity in your hands. And when the weather wages war with your rig, the tun-o-matic bridge speeds necessary minor adjustments. Down side: no accessories.


Do you like my posts?  Please share my blog with your friends
to keep me motivated and making posts.

Love and Peace and keep Rocking!

6 comments:

  1. Wula Drum is dedicated to crafting the finest djembes, using the finest materials, and providing great working conditions and salaries to our dedicated carvers. Music Skanner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This system is quickly growing popularity, and there seems to be questions regarding the legitimacy of the program. Take a look inside, clear the air, then decide if you're ready to start generating a healthy income online from the comfort of home.hoffman electrical enclosures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Among one of the finest pieces on the internet, freshening in its specificity.
    artikkel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like to collect more kind of guitar and i enjoy this job. This is so interesting that you also like it and you love Yamaha Electric Guitars. I find more tips from Acoustic Encouragement peoples about this.

    ReplyDelete