Saturday, August 13, 2016

Toby Keith

Red Solo Cup
Toby Keith

I have to expose a little about myself in regards to my guitar music.  Let me put it this way, I would be a professional musician if it were not the fact that I don't have the talent and fortitude.   However, what I lack in talent I make up in desire and denial.  I am also a big pretender.  I pretend I am a bar singer and give concerts to my imaginary fans.

With that said, I am making a new set list of songs.  But first, I have to get tabs and learn new songs of a drinking nature. I hope you enjoy my journey and if you wish follow along.

Red Solo CupToby Keith

Tab Author
The_Drooge
[Intro]

G           D~
1 & 2 & 3 & 4&

The intro is played twice.


[Verse]

     G
Now, red solo cup is the best receptical
For barbecues, tailgates, fairs, and festivals
    Am
And you, sir, do not have a pair of testicals
   D                        G
If you prefer drinkin' from glass
     G
Hey, red solo cup is cheap and disposable
And in fourteen years, they are decomposable
    Am
And unlike my home, they are not foreclosable
D                      G
Freddy mac can kiss my ass

Whoo!


[Chorus]

G
Red solo cup
I fill you up
             Am
Let's have a party
             D
Let's have a party
            G
I love you, red solo cup
I lift you up
           Am
Proceed to party
           D
Proceed to party


[Verse]

     G
Now, I really love how you're easy to stack

But I really hate how you're easy to crack
            Am
'Cause when beer runs down in front of my pack
      D                          G
Well, that, my friends, is quite yucky
    G
But I have to admit that the ladies get smitten

Admirin' at how sharply my first name is written
   Am
On you with a Sharpie when I get to hittin'
                         D                   G
When I get to hittin' on them to help me get lucky


[Chorus]

G
Red solo cup
I fill you up
             Am
Let's have a party
             D
Let's have a party
            G
I love you, red solo cup
I lift you up
           Am
Proceed to party
           D
Proceed to party


[Verse]

          G
Now, I've seen you in blue and I've seen you in yellow

But only you, red, will do for this fellow
       Am
'Cause you are the Abbot to my Costello
    D                       G
And you are the Fruit to my Loom
G
Red solo cup, you're more than just plastic

You're more than amazing, you're more than fantastic
    Am
And believe me that I am not the least bit sarcastic
     D                 G
When I look at you and say


[Bridge]

N.C.
Red solo cup, you're not just a cup
(No! No! No! God, no! )
You're my-you're my (Friend?) friend
(Friend x3; Life-long)
Thank you for being my friend


[Chorus]

A
Red solo cup

I fill you up
             Bm
Let's have a party
             E
Let's have a party
            A
I love you, red solo cup

I lift you up
           Bm
Proceed to party
           E
Proceed to party

Repeat Chorus 2 until the end of the song.

Tab Symbols:

    ~:ring out
 N.C.:no chords palyed

Standard tuning

Chords with a capo on the 2nd fret.

        lowEADGBe
         G:320033
         D:XX0232
        Am:X02210
         A:X02220
        Bm:X24432
         E:022100




Toby Keith Biography:  Toby Keith Covel (born July 8, 1961), known professionally as Toby Keith, is an American
country music singer, songwriter, actor and record producer.   Keith was born in Clinton, Oklahoma, the son of 
Carolyn Joan (née Ross) and Hubert K. Covel, Jr.[3][4] He has a sister and a brother. The family lived in 
Fort Smith, Arkansas, for a few years when Keith was in grade school, but moved to Moore, Oklahoma
(a suburb of Oklahoma City) when he was still young.[1][4] Before the family moved to Moore, he visited his
grandmother in Fort Smith during the summers. His grandmother owned Billie Garner's Supper Club in Fort Smith,
where Keith became interested in the musicians who came there to play.[4] He did odd jobs around the supper club
and started getting up on the bandstand to play with the band. He got his first guitar at the age of eight.[4] After the 
family moved to Moore, Keith attended Highland West Junior High and Moore High School, where he played defensive
end on the football team.  Keith graduated from Moore High School and worked as a derrick hand in the oil fields. 
He worked his way up to become an operation manager. At the age of 20, he and his friends Scott Webb, Keith Cory, 
David "Yogi" Vowell and Danny Smith, with a few others, formed the Easy Money Band, which played at local bars 
as he continued to work in the oil industry. At times, he would have to leave in the middle of a concert if he was paged
to work in the oil field.  Toby Keith played defensive end for the 1980 Oklahoma Sooners but never saw the field before 
dropping out to play semi-professional football in OKC.

In the early 1990s, Keith went to Nashville, Tennessee, where he hung out and busked on Music Row and at a place 
called Houndogs. He distributed copies of a demo tape the band had made to the many record companies in the city. 
There was no interest by any of the record labels, and Keith returned home feeling depressed. He had promised 
himself and God to have a recording contract by the time he was 30 years old or give up on music as a career. 
A flight attendant and fan of his gave a copy of Keith's demo tape to Harold Shedd, a Mercury Records executive, 
while he was traveling on a flight she was working. Shedd enjoyed what he heard, went to see Keith perform live 
and then signed him to a recording contract with Mercury.

No comments:

Post a Comment