Thursday, February 15, 2018

Life's Been Good -- Joe Walsh -- LICK

Song: Life's Been Good
Artist: Joe Walsh
Album: ...But Seriously Folks
Year: 1978

Notation:
b = 1/2 bend down
B = full step bend down
^ = pull off
/ = slide up
\ = slide down

Lick 1:
e|------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------2----------------------2-2----|
D|---------------------2------------2-----2--2-2----|
A|--2B-2B--0--2/4-----0--2/4-----4-------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------|

Lick 2:
e|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------3-3-2-------------|
G|---------------------2----------------------2-2-2--2-2-2----|
D|---------------------2------------2-----0-----------2-2-2----|
A|--2B-2B--0--2/4-----0--2/4-----4-------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------|

Lick 3:
e|------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------2------------------------------2-2----|
D|--------------------------2--------------------2-----2--2-2----|
A|--2b--2b--2B^0---0-----2/4-----0--2/4-----4-------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------|

Slide Lick 1:
d|--5--4--2----5\\2------------------|
B|--5--4--2----5\\2------------------|
G|--5--4--2----5\\2------------------|
D|-----------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------|

Slide Lick 2:
d|--5--4--2----5\\2//14--------------|
B|--5--4--2----5\\2//14--------------|
G|--5--4--2----5\\2//14--------------|
D|-----------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------|

Slide Lick 3:
d|--5--4--2----5\\2//7---------------|
B|--5--4--2----5\\2//7---------------|
G|--5--4--2----5\\2//7---------------|
D|-----------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------|
*Note: The Slide Licks ARE played with a slide, also, in the song there are two different guitars playing the opening Licks (1,2,3)
and the Slide Licks, so the Slide Licks, the high e (not the low E)is tunned down to a d.

Acoustic Lick 1:

   F2F2F2 C C C  F F
e|---5-5-5--3-3-3--1-1-------------------|
B|---6-6-6--5-5-5--1-1-------------------|
G|---5-5-5--5-5-5--2-2-------------------|
D|---------------------3-3-------------------|
A|--------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------|

Acoustic Lick 2:

     F2F2F2 C6C6C6 AmAm
e|--5-5-5--5-5-5------------------------|
B|--6-6-6--5-5-5--1-1-------------------|
G|--5-5-5--5-5-5--2-2-------------------|
D|--------------------2-2-------------------|
A|--------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------|
*Note: All of the Chords in the Acoustic Licks are a Down/Up alternating stroke pattern, except the last Am and F chords, which are both downstroke.
Fill 1:                      Fill 2:
e|-----------|               e|------------|
B|-----------|               B|------------|
G|-----------|               G|------------|
D|-----------|               D|---2-2-------|
A|--3-3------|               A|--0-0-------|
E|--1-1------|               E|------------|

Lyrics
I have a mansion but forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants, pay for it all
They say I'm crazy but I have a have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far
My Maseratti does one-eighty-five
I lost my license, now I don't drive
I have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked
I'm making records, my fans they can't wait
They write me letters, tell me I'm great
So I got me an office, gold records on the wall
Just leave a message, maybe I'll call
Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody say I'm cool, he's cool)
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far
I go to parties sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed
They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time
(Everybody say oh yeah, oh yeah)
I keep on goin' guess I'll never know why
Life's been good to me so far



No comments:

Post a Comment